1. Your Holiday Contract
When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. If you are booking for a group as the lead name of the booking you are ultimately responsible for paying the holiday invoice, even though you are booking on behalf of the group, and you are representing that each group member accepts that they are bound by this Agreement. A contract will exist as soon as any payment is received and we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions which are governed by English Law and we both agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the English Courts at all times. You should also refer to our website www.Menorcaretreats.com for any updated information or changes concerning your holiday that may have occurred since you booked your holiday and where these conditions are also available.
2. Booking with us and your Holiday Price
- i. We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the holidays we have advertised only up to the time you pay your deposit. You will be advised of the current price of the holiday that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed. Please see our website at www.Menorcaretreats.com for our latest pricing indications and for the latest updates on the facilities and amenities at your selected accommodation and other services.
- ii. It is a requirement of the booking that you must arrange adequate holiday insurance. Such insurance should cover full medical expenses, personal baggage, personal accident, accident loss or damage to property, cancellation or travel delay, personal liability, legal expenses and emergency costs.
- iii. In the interests of hygiene and safety you are advised to wear appropriate clothing and footwear at all times in the kitchen.
- iv. When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of 30% of the total cost. Payment should be made by cheque or bank transfer (to Menorca Retreats Limited account number 81643959 Sort Code 40-25-03 and this will be confirmed in our Confirmation Invoice sent to you. The balance of your holiday cost must be paid at least 6 weeks prior to departure. For bookings made within 5 weeks to departure, the full payment becomes due immediately upon verbal confirmation and any subsequent cancellation will incur cancellation charges as set out at clauses 4 and 5 below. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid on time, we shall cancel your holiday. If the balance is not paid on time we shall retain your deposit. Please see the cancellation charges set out at clause 6 below.
3. If You Change Your Booking
If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your holiday in any way, for example your chosen departure date or accommodation, we will do our utmost to make these changes, provided that notification is received in writing at least 12 weeks before departure, but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the person who made the booking and you will be asked to pay an administration charge of £25 per booking, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the holiday date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Where changes are possible we will issue a revised invoice including all additional charges.
4. If You Cancel Your Holiday
You, or any member of your party, may cancel your holiday at any time. Written notification from the person who made the booking on your behalf must be received at our offices. Cancellation will take effect the day such notification is received by us. Since we incur costs in cancelling your holiday, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown in clause 5. Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges.
5. If We Change or Cancel Your Holiday
It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your holiday but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. Where a minor change is required to your holiday or there are changes to facilities we will endeavour to provide alternative accommodation or any changed facilities to an equivalent standard to those which you have booked. No compensation or refund is payable where a minor change is made. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your holiday. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular holiday is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, we will not cancel your holiday less than 4 weeks before your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. If we are unable to provide the booked holiday, we will refund to you all monies paid.
An example of a minor change includes a change to accommodation to another of equivalent standard. We do not have to tell you about minor changes before you go on holiday and we will not pay compensation
If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative arrangements from us if available or cancelling your booked holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. If you do not wish to take the alternative we offer you, then you can choose another holiday from us of comparable standard if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of lower value), or cancelling your holiday and receiving a full refund of the price paid. We will not make a major change to your holiday less than 14 days before departure (other than for reason of force majeure). In all cases, except where the major change arises due to reasons of force majeure, we will pay compensation as detailed below:
Compensation for major changes: Over 56 days before departure £ Nil. Between 36 and 56 days before departure £20. Under 36 days before departure £50.
Cancellation charges. If you cancel your holiday our cancellation charges will be: Over 56 days before departure Deposit only. Between 36 and 56 days before departure 75% of holiday cost. Under 36 days before departure 100% of holiday cost.
If we cancel your holiday we will repay to you all monies received from you.
This means that we will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your holiday in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport, unexpected computer failure affecting bookings and where your chosen accommodation cannot be occupied due to circumstances beyond our control.
Compensation will not be payable if payment for your holiday has not been received by us by the stipulated date.
6. If You Have A Complaint
If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform your hostess who will endeavour to put things right. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were on your holiday in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract.
In the unlikely event that your problem is not resolved on the spot then you must follow this up within 14 days of your return home by writing to our Customer Services Department giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. We will respond to you in full by providing a full response no later than 14 days from receipt of your letter.
7. Our Liability to You
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your holiday. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the holiday and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall.
Our liability, except in cases involving death, injury or illness, shall be limited to a maximum of two times the cost of your holiday. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to
- (a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
- (b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, and delays and losses. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any Conventions.
You can ask for copies of the transport companies’ contractual terms, or the international conventions from our offices.
8. Prompt assistance on holiday
If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
9. Passports and Visas
It is your responsibility (and any members of your associated group) to ensure that your passport, any required Visa or other entry requirement is obtained before you travel. Please allow sufficient time for any visa application to be processed before your departure date. We cannot be responsible if you are not permitted to travel due to your failure to obtain the correct entry documents in good time before you travel.
Important safety related information regarding all of our overseas holidays can be found at the Foreign Office website www.fco.gov.uk.
Other than excursions that you have booked through us and are confirmed to you before travel, excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the other operator of the excursion and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.